Tuesday, 6 January 2015

VS 43 update from last week's 'out of the ordinary landing'

Some of you have asked about an update on what happened on the recent Virgin Atlantic flight that made the news...  You may have seen this in the media but here is the answer from one of the pilots that landed it....
 
David Williams, Captain at Virgin Atlantic commented: “All of our pilots at Virgin Atlantic are trained to the highest standards and we go through regular testing to deal with any scenario that may arise.  Clearly this was an out of the ordinary landing but I was just doing my job and any one of our pilots would have taken the same actions. I’m really proud of my colleagues on the ground and in the air and the support they gave me during this event – everyone worked really hard in a difficult situation and we are delighted that our customers were able to travel to Las Vegas the next day for their New Year’s Eve celebrations. Thank you for your interest and I hope you can respect my request for privacy as I am keen to spend some private time with my family over the New Year.”
 
Very best wishes,
 
Paul & Richard
Virgin Atlantic Flying Without Fear team
===================
Future Courses
 
Premium courses: Leeds January 11th; Birmingham March 1st; Manchester April 19th
 
Ground courses*: Cardiff* January 25th; Heathrow* February 8th; Gatwick* March 8th; Bristol* March 29th
 
 
* No flight

No comments:

Post a Comment