Monday, 15 July 2013

What level of phobia do you help on your courses?

This is a question that we get asked a lot.  What level of anxiety do people have that come onto your courses?  A lot of people mistakenly think that we only help those with a mild anxiety or people that have never flown.  The make up is roughly 5-10 % never flown, 40% flew at some point and have stopped and the remainder currently fly.  Of these people, the anxiety really does range from mild to extreme - we have had delegates arrive sedated with a nurse in tow.  But, we can say all of that, it is probably better to hear it from actual delegates as in the 'thank you' email below:  (This person attended our course on 7th July '13 at Gatwick)
 
==================================
 
After ignoring my phobia for 12 years, I thought I'd be fine getting on a flight that was just 2 hours to majorca -couldn't have been more wrong! Massive panic attacks later and I couldn't even go to the airport. I knew at that point I had to face this thing head on. The closer the day got, the more nervous I became and on the morning of the course I could have easily backed out. Then from the moment I walked into registration I knew I had to be there. Team leaders came up and talked to us straight away; everyone was in the same situation (to some degree) and the whole room was buzzing. From then on I started to relax. The speakers were amazing. To go into so much detail about how the plane works, why it does what it does and the depths they go into before they even take off was so much more than I could ever have worried about! I found it truly fascinating. The more the day went on the more confident I became. My partner was waiting outside the whole time and he couldn't believe how excited I was to be travelling to the airport to go on a plane! The whole time I was fine, and quite looking forward to it. I just had one wobble while waiting to take off so I just moved seats and then I was fine! I actually enjoyed it a lot.

Basically what I'm trying to say whilst waffling on is thank you. You've given me the freedom I've always wanted along with the skills to enjoy it. Knowledge is power and I am so proud to have achieved it. I would recommend this course to anyone with a slight anxiety to a massive phobia like me. I would not be going on a plane in September without you all getting me there. I would also like to say a special thank you to Francesca our team leader.i couldn't have got through it without her, she was amazing! Thank you so much! xxx
====================================
Take care
Paul and Richard
 

Group course dates

Luton 25th August 2013
Manchester 10th November 2013
Gatwick 17th November 2013

Other workshop dates


Developing Resilience Workshop - date 20th October 2013 Gatwick area
Banish Stress Forever Workshop - 13th October 2013 Gatwick area

No comments:

Post a Comment