Friday, 26 July 2013

Thinking of you...

This was a message on our message board today... We liked it because this person came on our Gatwick course in March and then flew on the day of our Gatwick course in July...
============================
Just wanted to say thanks again, I came on the Gatwick 'Fear of Flying' course in March and subsequently booked a holiday to Spain.

I listened to Gillian's CD 3 or 4 times a week straight after the course and in the run up to, the flight. I was apprehensive but nothing like I have been before, I even got a full night sleep the night before - unheard of.

Ironically I flew out of Gatwick on July 7, the same day as another course was running at Gatwick, as we drove past the Holiday Inn I smiled and hoped everyone would feel the same as I had done after the course. We checked in and waiting in the lounge i was waiting for the familiar anxiety to start but nothing! Once on the plane before take off I did feel a little bit anxious and my husband got, out the card with all the tips on, next thing I know I am flicking an elastic band on my wrist and doing the tapping sequence.

The flight both there and back was very smooth, I wasn't worried about any of the noises as i understood and gave my husband a running commentary of what was happening :) I had my bottle of water at the ready and I even sat by the window on the way home.

Yes I was counting the time down and was glad to land but like Steve said on the course you don't have to love flying just see it as a means of getting from A to B. It was great to enjoy the holiday and not have the dread of the flights. I would never have done it without coming on the course and speaking with the professionals and having questions answered and feeling reassured. I would recommend the course to anyone who has a fear of flying as there is a whole world to explore out there. My only regret is that I didn't do the course sooner as my dear Mum, who as sadly passed away, would have been, just so proud of me.

Thank you very much
Annick. :D
==================
Take care
Paul & Richard

1 comment:

  1. i would definitely come to Gatwick and will do fear of flying course. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete