Wednesday, 5 December 2012

Thank you email we wanted to share

 

From: Joanna Hollingdale <jo_hollingdale@>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 10:13:57 +0000
To: <info@flyingwithoutfear.info>
Subject: Flying High!
 
Hello,
 
I attended the Flying without Fear course in Birmingham on Sunday 14th October.  I am just writing to see if I can add the 2,000  air miles to my Virgin Flying Club Miles account.   
 
It was quite a full on day and when I got into my car I did have a big cry as I felt a bit of a failure as I didn't feel 'magically cured' as some of the other people were saying.  When I pulled myself together I realised what I had achieved in only 9 hours.  I had flown, alone and unmediated and at no point did I think I was going to die for the first time in 10 years!!  I realised it was all about small steps for me and that it would take me time to re-train my brain. 
 
I called into the seminar on 'Negative Automatic Though' the next day so that I could digest again and reaffirm the messages I had learnt the day before and this really helped embed the new knowledge into my brain.  I also listened the relaxation DVD for the whole week. 
 
6 days later I got on an 8 hour flight to Washington DC, I was unmediated and didn't cry once!  Although it wasn't easy I did it and my husband was very proud of me.  I had to keep reminding myself that 'although I may not like the sensation of flying it is all safe, routine and that everything was going to be ok'.  The water bottle helped so much and I was reassured that my brain just couldn't process what my body was feeling. 
 
I had an amazing holiday, for the first time in years the flight home wasn't looming over me like a ticking clock.  I could relax as I had done it and it would only get easier with practice.  The flight home did take a lot of effort to remain calm, but again I will improve each time I fly.  (I luckily also managed to get the last flight home before hurricane Sandy).
 
After feeling like an initial failure I can proudly say that I am now well on my way to controlling and overcoming my fears!  The staff on the day were amazing with a special thanks to Karen!! 
 
Thank you all so much!!   Holidays here I come 
 
Jo x
=================================
Reproduced with permission.
 
Take care
Paul & Richard
 

No comments:

Post a Comment