Thursday, 22 November 2012

Shaine Thank you


Here are a series of emails between us and a course attendee called Shaine. Reproduced with permission...

We think this is a good read and it shows the long term effect of attending our course:

======================================

Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 10:25:59 -0500 (EST)
To: <paul@flyingwithoutfear.
Subject: Re: FWF AIR MILES

I am writing to say 'oh my'!
I attended the Flying without fear programme on 6 November 2011 in preparation for my trip to Barbados on the 20 January 2012.
I say 'oh my' because all of the anxieties I would usually have prior to during and after any flight did not materialise.
My first fear was to sit anywhere near the window or over a wing and my seat going out was intentionally booked as you might have guess by the window over the wing. I did move quite early on in the flight only because flying does tend to act as a diuretic and I didn't want my fellow passenger hitting me after my continual to-ing and froing to the loo :-)! That said I couldn't believe that I hadn't even realised we had taken off as I was happily reading my magazine - first result!
Second result was during the flight when the pilot had to put on the seat belt sign due to turbulence, that is usually my cue to start perspiring profusely and the stewards having to give me focussed attention. Well I am pleased to say the stewards were allowed to get on with more worthy jobs than tending to me in my panicked state as I was totally unfazed by the rocking of the plane.
I walked around, drank (responsibly!), read and watched movies and before I knew it I was in sun soaked Barbados, had a wonderful time and the flight back I am afraid to say was equally uneventful.
I cant thank you enough for putting all my years of panic into perspective and giving me 'hopefully' a few more years panic free flying.
THANK YOU FWF team.
=====================================
From: Shaine Richardson
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 09:47:21 -0400 (EDT)
To: <paul@flyingwithoutfear.
Subject: Re: FWF AIR MILES

Me again!
UPDATE
Just returned from a business trip in Romania. My arrival at the airport and subsequent boarding of the plane was unfortunately extremely fraught due to the news upon leaving home about the Geo-Magnetic storm over the earth! Just my luck I thought and was absolutely beside myself! Cue Steward who assured me if it was a problem we would not be flying (recall of talk during FWF programme and all pre-checks undertaken before flying) - panic averted
 
By the time I had sat down and started flicking through the mags, I have to say I was again unfazed and I again had an uneventful journey. Oh but I lie, I was lucky enough to be invited up to the cockpit by the pilot after landing to sit at the controls - fabulous both the experience and the time given to me by the pilots!
Journey home did encounter turbulence and seat belt signed illuminated but I said "pah!" to that - Ive done the FWF programme.
 
So I have flown again without fear (well almost!) and am now looking forward to my next trip which was supposed to have been this week to Iceland but work has scuppered that. I am sure I will have another instalment for you soon.

Thank you again!

======================================
From: Shaine Richardson <shainemmr@...>

Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 05:47:52 -0500 (EST)
To: paul@flyingwithoutfear.
Subject: Re: FWF AIR MILES

Promise I wont bother you again after this email!

It's now the one year anniversary of my FWF programme and I have taken yet another flight and this time to southern Spain for a much needed break. Again, I have to report yet another uneventful flying experience.

No, I lie, it was eventful as I was able to take in the night sights from the plane window whilst being some 30 odd thousand feet up in the air. Not much to report I hear you say but for me that was the affirmation of the steps I have taken to conquering my fear considering the panic I felt over a year ago of even getting on the plane much less being a voyeur of the skies!
So it just leaves me to say, yet again, thank you, thank you, thank you FWF crew.
All the best.
Shaine

======================================
-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Tizzard
To: Shaine Richardson
Sent: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 19:45
Subject: Re: FWF AIR MILES


Hello Shaine. You are not a bother. Can I use your email in a blog please?  We think it would be a great read for those thinking about attending our course.

Take care

Paul
======================================
From: Shaine
To: Paul

Absolutely.

 
Take care and keep up the good work. I hope I wont have to see you guys again, and I mean that in the most positive way LOL!
Shaine
======================================
======================================

Although we love to see people come back occasionally for a 'top-up' or 'refresh', it is also nice when attendees say, "I hope that I never see you again!"

We really don't take offence...
Take care

Paul & Richard
======================================

Future Courses
Edinburgh 25th November 2012
Southampton 2nd December 2012
----------------------------------------------
Leeds Bradford 13th January 2013
London Luton 20th January 2013
Newcastle 3rd February 2013
Birmingham 24th February 2013
Gatwick 10th March 2013 (Adult and Young Person’s Course)
Manchester 28th April 2013


 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment