Tuesday, 11 September 2012

A belated thank you

This is an email that came in over the weekend...
------------------------------

Subject: A belated thank you

Hi Paul & Richard,

I've been meaning to write this note for some time, six years in fact!

I attended your course out of Luton in November 2006, and it really did change my life.

Prior to your course I had avoided getting on a plane for six years missing countless business trips, and only going on holiday as far as I could drive or take the train. I was feeling increasingly trapped and disappointed with myself for not being able to overcome the fear.

After unsuccessfully trying drugs from my doctor and hypnotherapy, which resulted in aborted trips to the airport in which I refused to actually get on a plane, I really didn't know what to do next.

One thing you soon realise when you have a fear of flying is that you are not alone, it is amazing once people learn of your secret, how many others share it to one extent or another. One of my clients at work happened to question why I was not at a conference, and on coming clean and explaining why, he recommended Flying Without Fear; his wife had recently attended one of your courses.

So, I booked it, went on the course, and what can I say: A genuine life changer. The course was excellent, you know the detail, so I'll just say that the whole of your team were professional, patient and excellent throughout.

And, well, it really worked. I've now been flying again for almost exactly the same amount of time I was grounded, and in that time I've rediscovered my passion for travel.

A quick list of some of the places I've been to so far:

Budapest
Istanbul
Menorca
Ibiza
Kuala Lumpar
Thailand
Vietnam
Crete
Corfu
Geneva

I'm never going to love flying, but you know what, I don't love getting on a bus or train either, it is just a means to an end. And just in case, I always have my Flying Without Fear course booklet in my hand luggage, should I need a need a little confidence boost.

So, one day spent on your course back in 2006 made, and continues to make, a huge positive impact on my life. Probably the best value purchase I've ever made!

Thank you very much to everyone at Flying Without Fear, you really did a fantastic job.

PS. Love the blog, keep it up.

Ian Wynn




No comments:

Post a Comment