Sunday, 17 June 2012

Thank you email

This is an email that came in this week...
================================
Dear Flying Without Fear Team,


Just wanted to thank you for the Flying without Fear course on March 11th at
Gatwick.

A couple of weeks ago I did a weekend trip to Belfast - one hour flight each
way - and this is the first time I had been on a plane in 6 years after an
escalation of my fear led to me crying all the way home from Spain and
repeating "We're going to die" - which didn't make travelling next to me
very comfortable, I'm told!

Anyway, I was fine! - I repeated all the information Captains Steve and Eric
gave us on the course and on the flight and explained it all to myself (in
my head!) and this kept me calm as I understood what the noises and
sensations were and why they were happening, as Captain Steve said
"information is power". When I did have a moment of the panic building up I
tried the spinning technique from NLP and this worked as well.

So, just wanted to let you know. I also thoroughly enjoyed the course - I
am a teacher trainer for post-compulsory education and the day was an
absolute model of good educational practice as well as being a form of
therapy. I found it a very emotional day and very challenging and was
extremely tired the day after!

So, to sum up, many, many thanks for the course, all the information, the
excellent day and the very encouraging start to my world travels! Next
trips planned are Monaco and Turkey next year.

Keep up the good work and I'm spreading the word as so many of my friends
know of my (previous) fear and they all know someone who might benefit.

Helen Woodruff
===================================
Picture by Clive Harvey from Gill's book Phobia! Be Free of it!
Just out of interest, we have been adding up the different tips and techniquest that we use. The 'spinning' technique mentioned above is one of 12-15 psychological tools and techniques and tips we use!

Take care

Paul & Richard
Virgin Atlantic Flying Without Fear


2 comments:

  1. Dear Flying Without Fear team,

    Thank you for a very enjoyable and informative day. I began the day feeling terrifies and ended feeling calm and relaxed. A big thank you to my team leader Anthony, whose obvious passion for aircraft helped me feel alot more confident.
    I never thought I would get on a plane again, but I managed it with your help and I feel proud of myself.
    The course is brilliant and worth every penny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Fear of Flying team.

    Thank you for a very informative and useful day. It was worth every penny. I never thought I would get on an aeroplane again, but I did and I feel very proud of myself. Thank you to Anthony for all his help and support. His obvious delight in all things aeronautical gave me the reassurance I needed.
    I will certainly be recommending this course to any one else that asks.

    ReplyDelete