Monday, 23 April 2012

Luton Course 22nd April 2012

This is just a quick note to say thank you to the attendees that joined us yesterday. What a great bunch of people.  It is amazing how much courage it takes to turn up and face your fear.

We know of hundreds of people that tell us that they have been watching the website for years but not plucked up courage to book. It takes something dramatic like another horrible flight experience and then they say, 'enough is enough.'  Don't leave it till the last minute.
==============================================

Get help as soon as you notice it getting unpleasant.  Don't suffer in silence.

It was very sad. One delegate came to the hotel the night before the course and then could not stay for the day as their fear was too much for them. We have invited them back. It is okay. Sometimes the fear can be so overwhelming, it is just too much. But, as we always say, you weren't born with this fear, you learned it. Time to learn something else.

It is never too late....

Take care

Paul & Richard
Virgin Atlantic Flying without fear
P.S. One brave person yesterday came up to us as we were about to leave for the flight and said, 'I don't fancy it; I am not coming to the airport.'  We suggested that he come and do a bit more than he thinks he can and using the graded exposure approach (facing the fear gradually).  We suggested he just walk onto the aircraft and off again and we would bring him back. Reluctantly, he agreed to come to the airport.  When we got to the aeroplane, he walked on, sat down and decided to stay and do the flight!  When he landed, we asked him what changed.  His answer: 'I thought to myself, enough is enough and sod it - I am doing it!!!'


Next couple of courses:

Manchester 29th April 2012
Edinburgh 6th May 2012

2 comments:

  1. A massive thank you to all the team, I'd never flown before and couldent even look at an aeroplane without getting extremely nervous but with the help of my team leader Paul Saunders (hello Paul)who I'd like to say a massive thank you to for getting me on the plane and flying. without all his help and reassurance I'd have never have flown. Paul managed to calm me down (which is very difficult to do)and sat with me through out the flight. Believe me if I can do it anybody can do it.
    Andrew Buthaway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate to this particular issue and very much appreciate your P.S. story.
    I too have been following your newsletters and would have "booked" were you on this side of the pond - US. ;-)
    Bought your book and I believe a DVD a couple of years ago.
    As life and I evolve it's getting closer to a time to get in the "I am doing it" space as "P.S.Man" did. I'll be drawing on the info I've received from this and past messages, and, if I have any questions I'll be sure and ask!
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete